Support Artist led events
Show your appreciation and support to the team that makes the festivals and events happen by donating to our GoFundMe campaign. It's really easy and no amount is too small - just click on the button to the right to make your donation.
Thank you so much for your support, it really does make such a big difference.
2021 participation projects
Last year when we launched our participatory projects as a way to support and encourage the development of new creative work and connections during unprecedented times, we had spent a long time talking about the festivals and how we could make them meaningful for artists in the context of the pandemic. We felt a raw passion in our belief that going ahead with the festivals was the right thing to do to support our community in the only way that we know how – through creating, sharing and belonging together.
We could not have imagined then, that a year later, we would still be living in such unprecedented times. Times where perhaps the repeated use of the word unprecedented is fast becoming the only precedent there is. Now, more than ever, that need for connecting, sharing, creating and just being amongst our peers is strongly felt and yet possibly harder than ever to initiate. The aim of these participatory projects is to ease us all into this process of opening up by providing opportunities to connect from afar over distance whilst sharing what brings us all close together, the magic of creating.
We hope you enjoy these participation projects – feel free to take part in as many or as few as are relevant and engaging for you. Keep your eyes peeled for new projects as we will be launching something every couple of weeks in the run up to the grand opening of the festivals at the start of July.
Remember holidays and sending postcards? . Well, we'd love to hear from you with snapshots of your current lived reality. Make your postcard in any medium you wish, send a vintage card or manipulate a contemporary one.
1. It must be a traditional postcard size (6x8" or 148 x 105mm)
2. Write something on the back of the card. Maybe a brief explanation telling us where you are and what you are doing, an unusual story or interesting fact about your location.
3. Make sure you include your name and location (city & country).
We will exhibit all of the postcards from around the world here in Lanzarote: a location where traditionally postcards are sent from, not to.
There are two ways to participate:
1. Free participation - simply make and send us your postcard to arrive by June 20th 2021. (Post takes around 3 weeks to arrive from mainland Europe) 2. If you wish to receive a return postcard from another artist (following the exhibtion)there is a fee of €5 to cover post (click here to pay)
To participate in either way please complete this short form. We can't wait to receive your postcards!
insta you insta us
A few artists suggested an Instagram takeover including Channing Gray & Jesse Egner. We think this is a great way to help build a sense of community amongst artists and to spread the word about you and your work. With the number of artists we have taking part in The Lacuna Festivals 'DISTANCE', it would be a tough task to allow each artist access for a day.
So…. We are doing something similar, we want to do a daily post about YOU! and a series of upto 10 pictures showing you and your work, including any hashtags etc that you want including in the post. We hope you like the compromise and that it enables you to reach a bigger audience with your artwork!
To take part, simply send us the following:-
1) An image of yourself.
2) A short bio about you and your work (with any hashtags, usernames, etc that you want to include, maximum 20).
3) Up to 9 images of your work. It does not have to be the work submitted for the festival, it can be any of your artistic portfolio. (NB: If your images are not cropped square for Instagram you give the Lacuna Festivals Team permission to crop/arrange images to fit).
In exchange we will send you some photos of and a brief bio about the Lacuna Festivals team for you to post on your Instagram.
Deadline: 31st May 2021 (slots will be allocated on a first come first served basis until full).
Images must be under 1GB in total.
Just click HERE and complete the form to join in.